NOTE: This website is currently under construction and is not yet ready for use by the general public.
- This model takes information provided and assumptions we make to estimate retirment outcomes. These estimates are not a predictions.
- The results from this model are based on the limited information that you have provided and assumptions made about the future. The amounts projected are estimates only and are not guaranteed.
- The future is uncertain. While this model attempts to incorporate investment risk, it
cannot predict the effect of uncertainty regarding your personal circumstances, life events, the Age Pension, investment earnings, tax and inflation.
- Do not rely solely on this calculator to make decisions about your retirement. There may be other factors to take into account. Consider your own needs, financial situation and investment objectives. You may wish to get advice from a licensed financial adviser.
- The calculator works for accumulation funds only. It will not work for defined benefit funds.
- All amounts are specified in today's dollars. Investment return assumptions are real, ie they are net of inflation.
- Investment returns are assumed to incorporate volatility. More details are available by following links on the calculator page.
- All cash flows are assumed to occur at the closest anniversary of the date of the calculation (herein, the "as at" date). All results are shown at these anniveraries.
- The model assumes that the salary you specify will increase with inflation until retirement, and that Superannuation Guarantee Charges at the rates set out below, will be paid into
your superannuation account.
- The model does not incorporate any Government co-contributions that may be available to people on low incomes.
- The model assumes that you will satisfy the the work test at older ages and so are able to contribute.
- The model assumes that any other cash flow assumptions (such as voluntary contributions) you specify will occur. Note, all amounts are specified in today's dollars and the cash flows are assumed to be adjusted with inflation to the date they occur.
- The model does not check that contributions are within concessional or non-concessional caps.
- All superannuation contributions are assumed to be net of Contributions Tax. If you are specifying additional voluntary contributions that are salary sacrified, then you must deduct Contributions Tax (15%).
- The model does not take into account the tax-free pension limit ($1.6m at the time of writing). If you are likely to exceed this limit, then please contact CV Solutions for a more sophisticated treatment.
- The model assumes that you will remain with the chosen investment strategy throughout, and that the investment return assumptions for this strategy will remain stable over time. This is a simplistic assumption
which can be relaxed with a more sophisticated implementation of the model. Please contact CV Solutions for more information.
- Age Pension assumptions:
- The model is based on Age Pension rates and thresholds set out in a table below.
Pension per annum: $23,176
|Test||For full pension||For no pension|
|Assets if home owner||$250,000||$546,100|
|Assets if renter||$450,000||$746,100|
Pension per annum: $34,940
|Test||For full pension||For no pension|
|Assets if home owner||$375,000||$821,400|
|Assets if renter||$575,000||$1,021,400|
- These rates and thresholds are assumed to change in line with general inflation.
No further adjustment is made to reflect rising community living standards.
- You are assumed be single for the purposes of calculating the Age Pension. CV Solutions offers a more sophisticated calculation based on family circumstances; please contact us if this is of interest.
- You can specify if you are a home owner or renter.
- It is assumed you are eligible for the Age Pension if you qualify under the assets test and income test applied by the Department of Human Services.
- In applying the income test to estimate how much Age Pension you will receive, the model allows for income on your superannuation based on income deeming rules.
As some of your investments may not be subject to these income deeming rules, the actual treatment of any such investments may differ from that adopted by the calculator and this could affect the Age Pension you will receive.
- For the purpose of estimating Age Pension, the model assumes that you have no investments ouside of this superannuation account.
- The model ignores any income-tax related minimum drawdown rules relating to account-based pension amounts.
- The model assumes the account-based pension withdrawn from this superannuation account will last until the anniversary of date of the calculation closest to the age specified. The Age Pension (where applicable) will continue to be paid for the remainder of the recipient's life.
- Only your retirement income from this account-based pension and the Government Age Pension is included in projected results. Income from any other investments is not included.