Chris Condon's experience
Chris joined Tower Perrin in 1984 and was a founding member of that firm's asset consulting business.
In 1990 he moved to Frank Russell Company as its Director of Consulting in Australia. The last couple of years at Russell were spent in London.
In 1997 Chris returned to Australia to join the MLC Investment Management team and was its Chief Investment Officer from 1998 until 2010. In this capacity he led a substantial investment team charged with managing the $60 billion in MLC's manager of managers products. Chris was intimately involved in all aspects of this, including:
- establishing investment objectives, including risk tolerance, for all of MLC's investment products managed according to MLC's manage-the-managers philosophy
- setting asset allocation for diversified funds
- setting investment strategy for MLC's statutory funds that house non-market linked life insurance policies
- setting asset class strategy for each asset class in diversified funds and for sector funds
- the selection, monitoring and termination of investment managers
- appointing investment management firms, including defining the mandate (objectives, allowable investments etc), negotiating investment management agreements and commercial terms
- capital markets research
- scenarios modelling used for asset allocation
- performance analysis
- reporting investment performance to MLC boards, including delivering oral and written presentations and preparing board papers in relation to existing and proposed investment opportunities
- creation and maintenance of sophisticated investment research systems that merge the holdings and transactions in the MLC portfolios with security level data
In March 2010 Chris established Chris Condon Financial Services Pty Ltd to assist institutional investors in the development, implementation and management of their investment programs.
Chris was a Fellow of the Actuaries Institute (until he resigned in 2018) and holds a First Class Honours degree in Finance from University of NSW.
For more information, see full curriculum vitae.